Window screen products are often grouped according to the material used to make them. When you shop for window screens, you may come across the following types:
• Aluminum window screens are an option from DAPA that comes in many colors. It is scratch-resistant and comes with a lifetime guarantee. Since they don’t tear easily, they work great as security screens.
• Vinyl-coated fiberglass window screens are suitable for the summer heat. They do not rust, stain, or corrode, making them ideal for rainy climates. The vinyl coating makes the screen even stronger and more weather resistant.
Choose a Window Screen Based on Function
Another way you can choose a window screen product is based on function. If you live in an area with many insects, a finely woven mesh screen can stop their entry. Some window screen products can block around 80% of the sun, and a pet-resistant screen can withstand claw marks. If security is a concern, shutters block the view from the outside so that no one can see your belongings.
Cleaning Your Window Screens
It costs less to clean your windows than to replace them when they get dirty. It would help if you had most of these ingredients.
- To clean your aluminum window screens or other screens, gather a soft brush or microfiber cloth, warm water, and mild dishwashing soap or vinegar.
- Remove the window screen, but label it, so you know which window it belongs to when you reinstall them.
- Add a few drops of dish soap or vinegar to warm water and gently scrub the screen with the brush.
- Ensure you clean from top to bottom on each side and let the screens dry.
- After they dry, inspect them for loose dirt. If they aren’t too dirty, clean them inside the frame with a toothbrush, soft vacuum, or lint brush.
Window screens are a good investment for homeowners. Check our wide selection of products at DAPA. Call us today at 1-800-229-3181 or place your order online.