A window screen spline is a small rubber, foam, or plastic cord used to secure the screen fabric to the window’s frame. The spline creates a seal that keeps bugs and other pests from entering your home through the gaps in the screen.
The Benefits of Window Screen Splines
Window screen splines provide a more seamless window installation. They can create a smooth curve and hold the screen in place.
Window screen splines are commonly used in commercial buildings, such as hotels and office buildings. The benefits of using window screen splines include:
- They reduce the time it takes to install windows by 50%.
- They provide an easy way for workers to install windows without damaging walls or floors.
- They increase the lifespan of windows by up to three times their original lifespan.
- They don’t require any maintenance, unlike other window installations, which require regular cleaning and painting
What Are the Top Reasons You Should Install a New Window Screen?
When it comes to your home, you want to ensure everything is in tip-top shape – including your window screens. Window screens serve an essential purpose: they keep bugs and other pests out of your home while allowing fresh air to flow in. If your window screens are old and outdated, it may be time to invest in new ones.
A window screen is a barrier that protects your home from harmful insects and weather. It also protects you from the cold, drafts, and heat.
The top reasons you should install a new window screen are:
- reducing the risk of insect invasion in your home
- keeping your family safe from weather conditions like the extreme heat and cold
- protecting yourself from drafts and heat loss
- maintaining an energy-efficient home
How to Install a Window Screen Spline on Your Own
If you want to keep the bugs out but let the fresh air in, you may need to know how to install a window screen spline. This rubber or plastic cord holds the screen fabric in place in the screen’s frame. It’s not a difficult task, but a few steps are involved. With this guide, you can successfully replace your window screen spline in no time.
This article will teach you how to install a window screen spline.
Install Window Screen Spline on Your Own
- Step 1: Take the screen out of the window (if it is already in place, take it out).
- Step 2: Remove the old screws from the screen frame.
- Step 3: Apply a bead of silicone caulk around the perimeter of the frame and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Apply caulk around each screw hole and then use a drill/screwdriver to drill and screw in new screws.
- Step 5: Put back your new window screen.
You can count on DAPA Products to provide you with window and door products. With over two decades of experience, our dedicated team brings you the highest quality brand names and best-in-class technology on the market.
Contact DAPA Products at 1-800-229-3181 or sent us a message through our online contact form to find the perfect products to resell in your distribution or resale business. You’ll be working with a knowledgeable team of experts who are committed to going above and beyond your expectations. Our company’s mission is to help you find the right product for you so that it doesn’t have to be an ordeal.