If you’re looking for the perfect upholstery cording to complete your home décor, look no further! Whether you’re reupholstering an old piece of furniture or starting from scratch, choosing the right upholstery cording can make all the difference in the finished product. Here are the top 5 tips for selecting the right upholstery cording for your home.
What is Upholstery Cording?
Upholstery cording is a type of cord used to sew upholstered furniture, such as chairs and sofas. It is typically made from cotton, linen, or cotton-linen blends. Upholstery cording is also sometimes known as tapestry cord, braiding cord, or braid cord. The purpose of upholstery cording is to provide support and stability for the piece of furniture. It can be used for decorative purposes as well.
Upholstery cording is the most important part of the upholstery. It is used in furniture, curtains, and other home decor products. It is also used to bind fabric pieces together.
5 Tips for Selecting the Right Upholstery Cording for Your Home
1. Consider the overall style of your room and furniture. The cording should complement both the fabric and the design of the piece.
2. Determine the purpose of the cord. Know if you need to use the cording for outdoor or indoor purposes. You would need a strong, durable material for outdoor use.
3. Look for a high-quality material. A high-quality material will be able to withstand wear and tear and provide you with a long-lasting product.
4. Consider the texture and weight of the fabric you are planning to cover with it.
5. Figure out the size of the cord needed for your project in diameter and circumference.
How to Choose Upholstery Cording for Outdoor and Indoor Applications
For outdoor applications, upholstery cording protects furniture from the elements. Upholstery cord is usually made with a combination of polyester and cotton. Another thing to consider is the climate and weather conditions where your furniture will be used. If it’s going to be used in an outdoor environment, then choose a heavier-duty cord that can withstand the elements while still being comfortable on the skin.
For indoor applications, an upholstery cord is used for decorative purposes. It can be used to cover furniture that has been damaged or stained. Depending on the type of upholstery cording you choose, it can be more durable or more decorative than other types of fabric.
When choosing upholstery cording, it is important to consider the material of the cord. The indoor upholstery cording is made of a fabric-like material and has a soft feel. The outdoor upholstery cording is made of a durable and water-resistant material that prevents mildew, mold, and mildew growth. Upholstery cording is typically used for furniture like sofas, chairs, beds, and drapery.
The Best Ways to Use Upholstery Cording
Upholstery cording is a great way to add a decorative touch to your home. It can be used in different ways and is available in many colors and lengths.
The best way to use upholstery cording is by using it as:
- trim on curtains, drapes, and furniture
- accent piece on walls and furniture, such as couches or chairs
Contact DAPA Products at 1-800-229-3181 for help with choosing cording. We have a variety of welt cord and fenestration products to buy.