Are you trying to give your furniture a more stylish, tailored look? If so, finding the right welt cord to complement the upholstery can make a subtle but huge difference!
A welt cord is a cord that follows the seam of fabric or padding on a piece of furniture. In general, there are two different kinds of welt cords to choose from.
- Self-welt cord is made from the same fabric as the rest of the upholstery.
- Contrasting welt cord is made from a different fabric than the rest of the product. Many consumers prefer a contrasting welt cord because it adds “pop” to the upholstery, depending on the color and texture of the material.
Uses of Welt Cords
Welt cords are used for various purposes, including sofas, chairs, headboards draperies, and pillows. Before purchasing welt cord, it is important to understand which cord needed for your intended purpose. For example, the welt cords used for inside furniture are different from those used for outside furniture.
Most of the time, inside furniture (such as bed pillows), use cotton for welt cording. On the other hand, outside furniture is different because it needs to be able to withstand the elements.
- One option for outside furniture is foam welt cord, which is waterproof and an excellent choice for patio furniture.
- Another sturdy option is vinyl, but it is not recommended for warm climates.
- Cotton can be used outside furniture, but make sure it has a coating to help it resist wearing down due to the weather.
Need Expert Advice?
At DAPA Products, we take pride in producing top-quality foam and braided welt cord that fit our customers’ specific needs. If you need help decorating your home or patio, contact us today at 1-800-229-3181, so one of our highly trained staff members can point you in the right direction!